Try at home
Cabbage & Beets
All of us are currently spending a lot of time at home. To make sure you still get enough culinary treats, you find a very special recipe to cook for yourself below – enjoy.
Ingredients (4 portions)
1. Roast the original primal carrots with skin in a pot with oil and thyme, then cover and cook in the oven at 170 degrees for 45 minutes. Then store in some hay for a week.
2. Slice red cabbage and season with red wine, cranberries, salt, pepper, spices and some cranberry vinegar, mix well and put into a bowl. Cover with foil and weigh down with a plate so that the cabbage lays in its own juice. Then let it ferment for four days at room temperature in a dark place. After fermentation season with sugar and salt.
3. Wash the cabbage leaves, remove the styles and blanch until soft. Then dry at 70 degrees for about 24 hours. Fry the dried leaves briefly in hot oil at 150 degrees, drain on a kitchen towel and salt lightly.
4. Wash the celeriac and peel it slightly. Beat 200 grams of egg white and mix with 100 grams of salt. Wrap the celeriac in this mixture and braise the whole thing in the oven at 170 degrees for about two hours. Remove salt and egg white crust and cut off four slices of celery. Mix the remaining celery with some soymilk to a cream.
5. Pierce a few holes in the white cabbage with a toothpick. Then salt it, brush it with some rapeseed oil and bake them at 180 degrees for about one hour. If it looks burnt on the outside, wrap the cabbage in aluminum foil and let it cool down.
6. Clean the mini beetroots and then put them in a jar. Bring sugar, stock, vinegar and spices to the boil and put them in the jar. Then steam at 99 degrees for one hour.
7. Wash Jerusalem artichokes and conserve them in a covered pot with butter at 70 degrees until they are soft.
8. For the rapeseed mayo, slowly emulsify the soymilk and rapeseed oil with the blender, then season to taste with salt and lemon juice.
9. Lightly roast the rapeseeds in brown butter or rape oil, then place on a kitchen towel and salt.
10. Cut white cabbage, Jerusalem artichoke, celery, primal carrots, spring and red cabbage into the desired shape and roast lightly in brown butter. The beetroot can be served cold or at room temperature. Put it all on a plate.
11. Place the rape seeds, celery cream & rape mayo on the plate, garnish with fresh herbs (if necessary deep-fried briefly) and finally drizzle some fermented red cabbage juice onto the plate.